This summer, follow these easy steps for a reliable road trip
Updated: Aug 27, 2021
Everyone wants to get away on a road trip now that the Covid restrictions have been lifted. Your ready to go but is your car? Here are some tips to make sure you and your car are ready!
1) The hot summer in Saskatchewan can take it's toll on your vehicle. Check all hoses and belts for weak spots or cracks that are starting to show signs of age.
2) Fluids should be changed at certain intervals. Wear between mechanical parts can leave debris in fluids that will continue to wear if not addressed.
3) Batteries have an expected life span of 5 years. If your battery is old, it may let you down at the worst possible time. Have a shop check your charging system and battery to advise you on what shape the charging system is in.
4) Tires, tires, tires! People neglect to check their tires to see what shape they are in. Tires wear and should be checked for condition. Tires can crack from the sun (Weathering), wear inconsistently due to steering parts that are worn, or have slow leaks due to punctures. A good service shop will inform you of issues when your car is in for service.
5) Best recommendation is to stop by your favorite service location and have them check you vehicle for you.